- The Mayan Seed is an amazing superfood beverage for all ages
- It is high in nutrients like calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium that your body needs for cell growth and recovery as well as antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C and E!
- It is high in tryptophan, which creates more serotonin in your brain and leaves you feeling happy and relieved of stress
- It has a rich, roasted and earthy flavor making it an incredible coffee alternative for those looking to reduce or switch out coffee habit.
- It is soothing to the stomach and aids in healthy gut flora since it is high in prebiotic fiber.
- It is high in antioxidants and is alkalizing to your body aiding in overall good health and immunity.
- It is great for pregnant and nursing mothers as a coffee alternative, and is also a natural galactogogue known to aid in milk production! (but no worries, you will not suddenly produce milk if you are not currently nursing)
- The Maya people used to live off of this seed only during times of drought – known to detoxify the liver!
There are 345 calories in 100 g of the Mayan Seed, about the same amount of calories in Pinto Beans. 100 g is about 3.5 oz and you would use about .5 oz in a cup the Mayan Coffee Alternative.
That comes down to about 50 calories, and you would not consume all of the calories if you are steeping and straining the seed to drink the beverage.
100 g of coffee bean has 300 calories.
Check out other online sources to learn more...