It’s back to school time for many and if you are packing a daily lunch, you know it’s always a good idea to mix things up and add a nutritious treat your kids will love.
If you love drinking Jnantik, use the leftover grounds to make these delicious chocolate chip mini muffins and other baked goodies! These muffins are vegan, gluten-free and paleo, or they can be made with the flour of your choice! Also, they are fruit sweetened keeping blood sugar levels in check. Enjoy this easy to make recipe for a week’s full of lunch box treats!
- 1 cup oats (or two cups almond/coconut flour if going for paleo)
- 1 cup almond flour (or flour of choice)
- ¼ cup Maya seed grounds (use fresh or leftover from making a delicious drink)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup fruit puree (apple, pear or banana work well)
- 1/2 cup milk alternative1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- pinch sea salt
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix oats, flour, maya seed, ground flax seeds, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients together.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Add to a greased regular or mini muffin pan
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool and serve, or set aside for at least a week of lunch treats.