Try this twist on the Holiday favorite this time of year. A peppermint mocha is such a nice treat to have while sitting by the fire and enjoying family and friends. This version does not contain caffeine, dairy or refined/artificial sweeteners, so you will feel great after drinking it. The Mayan Seed and Peppermint Oil/Extract are great for promoting proper digestion, making it a perfect way to end a meal, or to have with breakfast. Please enjoy the recipe below, and send me pictures of the ones you made at home!
Jnantik Peppermint Mocha
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 1-2 teaspoons of Jnantik Mayan Coffee Alternative (Mayan Seed)
- 1-2 teaspoons of cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, etc)
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil or 1 tsp of peppermint extract
- 1 cup of coconut milk or milk of choice
- whipped cream and a peppermint stick (optional)
Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove the water from heat and stir in the Jnantik Mayan Seed and Cacao Powder. Mix in the sweetener of choice and, once dissolved, ass the milk. Lastly, add the peppermint oil and pour into two cups. Add whipped cream and a peppermint stick if you desire and enjoy the taste of the Holidays!
Blessings to you and your family and friends!
Danielle Del Castillo-Hughes
Holistic Health Coach and Founder of Jnantik